Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Mock Parent Communication Post

Hello parents and guardians!

Welcome back to another year at ____ Middle School!  I hope you all have had a wonderful summer and I'm really looking forward to teaching your children this year.

For those of you who are new to ____ Middle School, my name is Mr. FitzGerald and I teach chorus and general music at the middle school.  I have degrees in Music Performance and Communications from Salve Regina University and a Masters in Music Education from the University of Bridgeport.  I'm a classically-trained tenor with a passion for both pop and classical music.  I've performed all over New York City and have shared the stage with acts such as Hanson, Sum 41, and the late Christina Grimmie.  I've worked my fair share corporate jobs.  I've interned at two government agencies and spend my summers working in human resources for William Raveis Real Estate and Insurance.  If i'm not teaching, performing, or working, I'm probably in front of the TV watching Notre Dame Football or enjoying Sunday dinner with my family.

Yes, I have an incredible passion for music, but I try to be as well-rounded as possible; and I want to help your children become well-rounded individuals as well..  My classes aren't necessarily class on music.  Rather, I use music as a vehicle to prepare your children for real-world experiences.  I use music to teach things like improvisation, teamwork, and project management.  Performing is a physical activity, and we'll spend a good deal of time exercising the muscles that help us make music.  Through my lessons, I try to help your kids make connections between music and all the other subjects they are studying.

I going to be using this blog as a primary form of communication with all my students' parents and guardians so you are all aware of everything your kids are learning and experiencing in my classes.  I will try to post a blog to the class Edmodo page every other week.  If you have any questions, all of my contact information can be found here (would be hyperlinked in an actual post).  Once again, I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of your children in the coming days as we begin the academic year.  Thank you and have a lovely evening.

Mr. FitzGerald

No comments:

Post a Comment